Thursday, September 10, 2009

all grown up

My living room is at least. not making any claims for myself.

Before
I knew the power of white: The yellow made everything gross and we took advantage of the shelving like it was the drunk girl at the party. Also, it was christmas...or no more than a few months after christmas. shut up.


After: Roommate painted walls & fireplace (which was gross off-white, now brilliant white), IKEA sofa slip covered, her uncle also made that wonderful & simple coffee table, a couple of my projects and BAM, we pass for respectable members of society. Take THAT college!

11 comments:

Oats said...

Awesome.

lollygagger said...

Can't wait until you decorate my place with all those skillz.

laura marie said...

molly & oats- thanks!

feel obligated to tell you though that it took 'bout two yrs to get here. sluggish artistry at its best.

phampants said...

want to decorate my new apt????

lauras roommate said...

but... the pillow on the chair doesn't match anything. it's like, 3 different colors.

what? that's not a pillow?

David said...

The phone booth does it for me.

Bayjb said...

Oh my god dude this looks amazing! Nice work!!! Holy cow this is gorgeous.

Nellyn said...

OMG!!! That looks straight out of a catalog! You guys are fantastic decorators, kudos!! LOVE it!

Allie said...

I love the color. I wish I was staying in my current apartment longer so I would have the motivation to paint.

pat2006 said...

I love the rug! Source please?!?!

laura marie said...

Oh boy...I hate to disappoint but that rug is from Home Goods about 4 years ago. Plus, I got rid of it a few months ago so i can't even look at the tag to help you out. sorry!
thanks for commenting though! very much appreciated.
-laura