Monday, November 9, 2009

holy crap batman, penguin's here


This morning I stumbled upon the newly U.S.-released clothbound Penguin classics collection. When their creation was originally announced all over the internet last year I thought my wallet was safe from their fury of taste and class since they weren't being sold here. And seriously, shipping books overseas is just silly spending.

It's like ordering eggs and bacon at a restaurant... I know EXACTLY how to cook farm animals in a pan so I don't need Hairnet 'n Beergut to do it for me.















Anyway, if you want to buy them, I suggest Amazon, because you might be tempted by Anthropologie's Classy Vintage Taste by Association feeling, but for $7 less you'd like them shipped straight to your door thankyouverymuch.















P.S. Someone decided the designer, Coralie Bickford-Smith was the person to turn to for clothbound modern-vintage mashup design, so she's also done a number of other book series. This is The Arabian Nights set.

4 comments:

Olive Tree Guitar Ensemble said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Matt said...

Would you consider an egg to be a farm animal?

I wouldnt.

lets debate it. For six hours!!

design gal said...

oh how i love these books

Hazel said...

These books look divine, I think they are definitely worth the expenditure to post overseas ;P although I would also consider buying Tomatos on toast from a restaurant (allergic to eggs!)

Love your blog!! It is divine!!

:) Hazel